2011 SHRM Annual Conference & Exposition
The Diversity & Inclusion Strategic Leadership Program
Based on cutting-edge research and benchmarking, and featuring “real-life” best practices from a wide array of forward-thinking organizations, this interactive course will help diversity professionals and other business leaders develop successful diversity practices and strategies for enhancing their organization’s talent profile and meeting the demands of a changing marketplace. Gain a thorough understanding of how workforce diversity and inclusion initiatives can help drive business results.
Learning Objectives include:
• Develop and communicate the business case for diversity by understanding the diversity value proposition and how firms may gain competitive advantage through effective diversity practices and strategies.
• Formulate approaches for leveraging diversity to enhance business processes by considering how diversity management links to value creation.
• Demonstrate the bottom-line impact of diversity by learning measurement approaches that exhibit diversity return on investment.
• Build and strengthen relationships with minority stakeholders and other organizations by generating competitive sourcing opportunities and business development in diverse markets.
Topics covered by the course include:
• The Business Case for Diversity
• Leveraging Employee Diversity
• Diversity Leadership Behaviors
• Diversity Strategy
• Measurement & Accountability
• Leveraging Stakeholder Diversity
Designed for the mid- to senior-level Diversity & Inclusion/HR professionals, including:
• Diversity executives with responsibility for their organization's diversity function
• Diversity specialists and EEO Officers
• Human resource, organizational development and change management professionals
Eligible participants will come to class with the following
• Three or more years of experience in the Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) field, or
• Three or more years of experience in HR, managing a D&I function (e.g., Recruiting, Training & Development, Strategy, etc.).
Type of Credit
Strategic Business Management
Date(s) & Time(s)
6/26/2011 8:00 AM - 12:30 PM
6/27/2011 1:30 PM - 5:30 PM
6/25/2011 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
updated: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 11:22 AM